TAOS - FIND THE PERFECT FIT
Toas generally run true to size, though we have found that certain styles (like Star) run small, so make sure you check the 'Find the Perfect Fit' star chart that is displayed under/next to each shoe.
We also recommend doing a quick measure before you buy.
To get started:
1. Stand on a level floor with your heel up against the wall or straight edge.
2. Place a ruler or measuring tape on the floor under your foot or alongside it, with your heel at 0cm.
3. Measure the length of your foot from your heel to the end of your longest toe (yes, even if it's your second toe).
4. Measure both feet and go with the length of your longest foot if they are different. If you are in between sizes, we recommend going for the larger size.
5. Check out the size charts below to find your size in AU/US (All Taos are listed in AU/US sizes).
One of the things we love about Taos shoes (Star, Plim Soul, Crave etc) are their removable Active Footbeds with their trademarked ‘Curves and Pods’ premium removable footbed for balance, stability and support across the arch, metatarsal, and heel. The Curves hug the contours of your feet and the Pods are shock absorbing elements that provide cushioning and comfort. Removable footbeds have the added benefit of being orthotic friendly shoes.
TRYING ON YOUR TAOS FOR THE FIRST TIME
When you unbox your fresh new Taos, we recommend trying them on on a clean dry surface to check that you have the correct size.
For enclosed shoes, you should have 1-2cm of space (or half a thumb to a thumb width) between your longest toe and the front of the shoe to allow for enough wiggle room and natural movement when you walk.
For sandals and slides, you can go by the same rule of thumb as for enclosed shoes, or you can run a little closer to the edge - just make sure that all your toes and your heel are nicely placed within the footbed and not hanging over the edge. The curves of the footbed should match the contours of your feet.
If you find you need a different size (and they are still brand spanking new), hit up our hassle free exchange process and we will swap them out for a new pair.