Dr. Martens 1460 8 Up Smooth Black Boots
- Size: 36
- Colour: Black
The 1460 is the original Dr. Martens boot. The boot's recognizable DNA looks like this: 8 eyes, classic Dr. Martens Smooth leather, grooved sides, a heel-loop, yellow stitching, and a comfortable, air-cushioned sole.
- Airwairs original signature leather: a firm, finished leather with a smooth, semi bright appearance
- Goodyear Welt — which means the upper and sole are sewn together in the Dr Martens heat-sealed z-welt stitch
- Iconic AirWair™ sole, which is oil and fat resistant with good abrasion and slip resistance
- The 1460 is fairly true to size, though they will initially feel quite firm as the leather takes a while to wear in.
- If your feet are prone to blistering, you may want to consider the 1460 Nappa or 1460 Pascal Virginia with softer leather to reduce the wearing in period.
- We recommend wearing these in with socks that sit higher than the top of the boots to prevent the leather rubbing against your ankles.
Delivery & Returns
Free express delivery over $99. For orders under $99, there is a flat rate of $13.
All orders are delivered via AusPost Express. If orders are placed before 1pm AWST on a business day we aim to have the order to you within 1-3 working days.
Christmas Returns: Orders placed from Nov 12 can be returned until Jan 31 2022.
Dr. Martens Fit Details
This shoe is slightly wide and recommended for people with regular - wide feet.
This shoe runs a little large. If you are usually a half size or on the fence, we recommend going down a size.
This shoe provides standard support features, such as transverse and metatarsal arch support, heel cup or gently contoured footbed.
Dr. Martens Size Guide
How to find your size
Lay a sheet of paper on the floor, one edge flush against the wall. Fix the paper to the floor with scotch tape so it doesn't move.
Standing straight and wearing socks, stand on the paper. Place your feet together, your heels against the wall and make sure your back is touching the wall too.
Have someone draw the outline of both your feet.
Use a ruler or the straight edge of a book to draw a line across where the outline is longest. Draw a parallel line 0.5cm from this original line to allow for clearance.
Finally, measure the distance from the wall to the second line you have drawn.
Use the charts below to convert this length you have just measured into a shoe size.
Which width do I need?
Most Birkenstock styles are available in 'regular' or 'narrow' width.
Narrow width is suitable for narrow to slender feet.
Regular width is suitable for normal to wide feet.
If you already own a pair of Birkenstocks or are trying them on in store - check out the little foot symbol on the footbed. If the foot is coloured in, it's a narrow (N). If it's just an outline of a foot, it's a regular (R).